As of today, Giants catcher Buster Posey and third baseman Pablo Sandoval still lead their respective positions in voting for the 2013 All-Star Game, which will be held on Tuesday, July 16 at Citi Field in New York.
The National League squad could boast even more of your favorite Giants, as the latest round of voting has shortstop Brandon Crawford and second baseman Marco Scutaro each moving up to second place for their positions.
Posey, Sandoval and Melky Cabrera (prior to the announcement of his suspension for violating MLB’s drug policy) were voted in as starters for last year’s All-Star Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City. Giants pitcher Matt Cain started and won the game and Cabrera hit a home run in the National League’s 8-0 win. San Francisco reaped the benefits of the NL’s win by gaining home-field advantage in the World Series.
According to Wikipedia, Giants players “either scored and/or drove in seven of the eight runs…conversely, the five first-inning runs were scored off Justin Verlander, whose Detroit Tigers would be their World Series opponent.”
This year, you can blast off up to 35 votes for each Giants player. I did and it took me less than 5 minutes. Just click here to keep voting to make sure your favorite Giants are represented at the 2013 All-Star Game! Voting ends July 4.
Check out the screen shots from mlb.com below.
The first one I captured was after I placed my votes for all the Giants players. Once you vote for them the first time, all you have to do is type in the new validation key code and hit the submit button. (As I said, you can do this up to 35 times.)
The second screenshot is the dialog box that pops up after you have voted for the 35th time.
The way I look at it is, if every Giants fan were to vote the maximum number of times for our players, we’ll have a much better shot at getting Crawford and Scutaro in the NL starting lineup.
By the way, if you’ve got the duckets and you’re looking for 2013 All-Star Game tickets, you can buy them — along with regular season Giants tickets — off StubHub. Check out the San Francisco Giants schedule for killer game choices.
- Comments Off
- Tweet This !
- June 17, 2013How many Giants will end up playing in the 2013 All-Star Game? (0) Comments
- March 19, 2013Will Timmy be a Giant in 2014?(1) Comments
- January 29, 2013Is San Francisco the new Titletown USA?(1) Comments
- November 11, 2012News & notes -- Nov. 11, 2012(0) Comments
- November 10, 2012We are the champions!(0) Comments
- October 28, 2012Giants at Tigers: World Series Game 4 preview(0) Comments
- October 27, 2012Giants at Tigers: World Series Game 3 preview(0) Comments
- October 25, 2012Tigers at Giants: World Series Game 2 preview(0) Comments
- October 24, 2012Tigers at Giants: World Series Game 1 preview(1) Comments
- October 23, 2012Prices for 2012 World Series tickets lower than 2010(0) Comments
- October 22, 2012Cardinals at Giants: NLCS Game 7 Preview(2) Comments
- October 21, 2012Cardinals at Giants: NLCS Game 6 Preview(1) Comments