Giants fans turn on Pablo Sandoval
It’s one thing to have to watch the despicable Dodgers beat up on my Giants night after night (they are 4-1 vs. San Francisco this season after Tuesday night’s 4-2 bitch slap). It’s a-whole-nother thing to have to now endure Pablo Sandoval‘s base running blunders on a nightly basis.
On Tuesday at AT&T Park, the Kung Fu Panda got looky-loo’d at second base for the second straight game.
It happened in the sixth inning. Sandoval had just reached base on an error by Dodgers’ first baseman James Loney. After Aubrey Huff flew out, Pat Burrell snuck one into right field for a base hit. For reasons unknown to mankind, Sandoval took a wide and aggressive turn at second base as if he were going to go to third. That’s when Andre Ethier threw the ball behind a confused-looking Sandoval who flopped his way back toward second base only to get tagged out easily by shortstop Rafael Furcal. It was pure embarrassment for the Panda, who jogged back to the Giants’ dugout under a thundering shower of boos.
Just one night earlier, Sandoval got caught up between first and second when he apparently thought Aaron Rowand was going to tag up on a short fly ball to right field with no outs in the eighth inning. He promptly got nailed by the cutoff man and TV cameras caught reactions to Sandoval’s blunder by Huff, Burrell, and Edgar Renteria, all of whom were quite displeased.
Just to show you how bad it’s gotten for Sandoval, I copied and pasted the following tweets, which poured in for several minutes on Twitter after Sandoval’s latest base running bungle:
- ashleighfaye #sfgiants panda! what?? what was that???
- roheblius I wish we had an Evan Longoria type on our team to get these guys in gear. Pablo needs a sit down with a leader. #sfgiants
- richleedraws holy fuck WHAT THE FUCK R U DOING OUT THERE #sfgiants
- soldbycraig Unfucking believeable! #sfgiants
- willers Pablo Sandoval = too fat for baseball #sfgiants #dodgers
- SJ_PLD Damn panda and his mistakes! #sfgiants
- bkmacd I am going to shoot a panda. #sfgiants
- dianeosaurus OMG. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY SANDOVAL?! I am no longer a fan. I WILL NOT GET UP AND DANCE TO YOUR WALK-UP MUSIC. #SFGiants
- MarilynM Sandoval!!! WTH?! #SFGiants
- jewelya19 WTF Sandoval?!?! You gotta be KIDDING me! #sfgiants #MLB
- Travis_Flora I don’t even know what to say… #SFGiants
- DodgersFYI Vin’s quote of the day — “The panda is a pussy cat.” #DODGERS #sfgiants
- radiojoee And that’s your daily Panda base running blunder of the night #sfgiants
- VivaGigantes I truly enjoy watching Pablo play baseball, but his head is elsewhere. He needs to sit. Can’t do anything right. #sfgiants
- SFGNYYFan He needs to be benched indefinitely. #sfgiants
- SwanShadow The Kung Fu Panda is rapidly devolving into the Dung Flew Panda. #sfgiants
- daveweisgerber Pablo was so upset Burrell didn’t hit a dp, he had to make sure they got at least one out #sfgiants
- southshield Hey #Panda, Ruben Rivera is laughing at you. #sfgiants
- brocean Sandoval, you bag of fat. 2nd time you have a base-running “goof.” Lay off the cake, pay attention. Eugh. #sfgiants #longstandingfrustration
- phibear35 There are no words #sfgiants
- calisportsguy Idea for new Giants promotion, Panda hat bonfire day #sfgiants
- flavavicious Holy crap, Pablo! You need to be benched! #sfgiants
- bookwormjeff Time to sit Panda. His head is all out of whack #sfgiants
- Caliguy YOU CAN NOT BE KIDDING ME. pablo grrrrrrr #sfgiants
- Darrell69 My question is how much did Pablo accept to throw both of these games? : o. #SFGiants
- meilev Hey, Panda, you know what would be a help? You not trying to help. *hand smacking forehead.#sfgiants
- davidmarshall #sfgiants i think that’s one of the first times that sandoval has been exposed to the boo birds
- ORNGandBLVCK ANOTHER baserunning mistake. Oh my. #sfgiants
- simonladesma Again, Sandoval? Boooooo, Sandoval! #SFGiants
- DodgersUSA Sandoval looked like he was trying to get to McDonald’s before they closed! lol! #Dodgers #sfgiants <–suck!
- NorthBankNorman Can we just send all of the overweight Giants to the Fat Camp that Cartman went to? #giantsateallthepies #sfgiants
- rajmathai #sfgiants booed off the field after Sandoval base running mistake. This place is dead silent. #dodgers lead 4-1; T7
- objesguy44 This Pablo situation is just tragic and depressing…it really is too bad #sfgiants
- anamramosq I wonder if they can re-format Operation Panda to be xtreme training on base running and how not to hit DP’s?? #sfgiants #sfgiantstorture
- dorkeugene All you can do is laugh at this point #sfgiants
- fikra_jahya I’m no longer calling that man Panda. At first it was cool cuz he was playing well. Now he’s just fat, and it’s painful to watch. #SFGiants
- BASportsGuy New rule: No more Panda hats unless you’re a child or woman who’s too drunk to know what she’s wearing. #sfgiants #noLincecumWigsEither
A new Giants commercial features a fan wearing a Panda hat saying, “I’ll tell you what’s magic inside: Beat LA!”
The irony of it all.