Scouts descend on Giants’ farm; trade in works?
The next few weeks will tell whether that’s connected to the July 31 major-league non-waiver trading deadline. The Richmond Flying Squirrels are stocked with prospects who would be attractive in a trade. Several media outlets have reported the Giants may be interested in Kansas City outfielder Jose Guillen (pictured, left) and that the Royals want prospects in return.
- Will Timmy be a Giant in 2014?
- Is San Francisco the new Titletown USA?
- News & notes — Nov. 11, 2012
- We are the champions!
- Giants at Tigers: World Series Game 4 preview
- Giants at Tigers: World Series Game 3 preview
- Tigers at Giants: World Series Game 2 preview
- Tigers at Giants: World Series Game 1 preview
- Prices for 2012 World Series tickets lower than 2010
- Cardinals at Giants: NLCS Game 7 Preview
Breaking News On Your Device
2013 Opening Day
2013 MLB Calendar
- Jan. 9: Baseball Hall of Fame inductee Class of 2013 announced.
- Jan. 18: Exchange of salary arbitration figures.
- Feb. 1-18: Salary arbitration hearings in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Feb. 9: Giants Fan Fest at AT&T Park, 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Feb. 13: Voluntary reporting date for pitchers, catchers and injured players.
- Feb. 16: Voluntary reporting date for other players.
- Feb. 17: First full workout.
- Feb. 20: Mandatory reporting date.
- Mar. 2-11: Teams may renew contracts of unsigned players.
- Mar. 13: Last day to place player on unconditional release waivers and pay 30 days termination pay instead of 45.
- Mar. 27: Last day to request unconditional release waivers on a player without having to pay his full 2013 salary.
- Mar. 31: Opening Day. Active rosters reduced to 25 players.
- Jun. 6: First-Year Player Draft.
- Jul. 12: 5 p.m. ET, signing deadline for players selected in the First-Year Player Draft.
- Jul. 16: All-Star Game, Citi Field, New York.
- Jul. 28: Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Cooperstown, N.Y..
- Jul. 31: Non-waiver trade deadline, 4 p.m. ET.
- Sep. 1: Active rosters increased from 25 to 40 players.
- Oct. 23: World Series begins.